- Deliver 2g/hr, 24 hr/day, 7 days/week, for 1 week, for at least 2 normal (non-cancerous, moderately healthy) adults of average weight and size, using convention sodium ascorbate IVC solution.
- Repeat for the 2nd week using proprietary buffer-stacked™ ascorbate solution again at 2g/hr. This incorporates magnesium ascorbate and potassium ascorbate along with the sodium ascorbate. The advantage to the user with this fluid is that it takes up 1/2 of the space.
- Measure effect on:
- blood composition (ascorbates, electrolytes, CRP, pH, platelets, etc)
- blood pressure
- quality of life (QLQ-c30 test)
- 8-point functional bio-marker test
- Compensate for electrolyte losses if they be any.
- Measure scurvy rebound following going “cold-turkey” after an entire week of the protocol.
- If normal persons experience no negative side effects, prescribe the same treatment for 1 person with cancer meeting the criteria specified below in section: Patient Exclusion Factors.
- Perform bacterial tests on blood samples from subjects after 3-7 days of treatment, compared to blood from 2 other kinds of subjects: those consuming 1g/ hour up to bowel tolerance, and those not supplementing. All samples after being drawn will be intentionally infected with the same streptococcus bacteria and allowed to incubate for 1 hour under ideal conditions. Additional doses of the bacteria will be added hourly until the infection is detected in any of the samples. Additional measurements will be periodically conducted after that point.
OBJECTIVES / GOALS:
- Determine effect that sustained IVC has on any of the ascertained parameters and determine protocol modifications as needed to maintain acceptable levels for these tests.
- Optimize flow-rate adjustment criteria, as this is operating in an unusual high-osmolality / very-low rate situation
- Identify increased immunity, if any, compared to control for the streptococcus bacteria infected blood samples, assessing the impact this protocol has for the on-label use of vitamin C as an immunity booster.
- Prove stabilization design for full week use of IV catheter.
Presuming that the objectives were satisfactorily met with the initial 2 non-cancerous patients, resulting in a final protocol that did not diminish their QLQ-c30 score or any of their functional responses within 1 standard deviation, the same protocol will be tried on a cancer patient.
However if further assessment is required to provide and validate a final protocol that will not diminish the QLQ-c30 score or functional responses within 1 standard deviation, the protocol will be further adjusted and validated on a non-cancer patient.
- Collect the same information as for the 2 previous patients.
- Measure the cancer response in terms of critical cancer markers.